Who will be India’s next coach?

Who will be India’s next coach?

Two days after India lost Pakistan in the final of the Champions Trophy in England, Anil Kumble left his post of head coach. It came at a strange time, just as India was leaving for a short series in the West Indies.

Kumble said that his position had become “unsustainable” due to the fact that the players were not comfortable with his management style. The BCCI had before the Champions Trophy, announced the coaching position while the contract Kumble had ended.

India went to the West Indies and without a coach. BCCI extended the deadline to submit applications until July 9. Among those who have applied, here are five candidates:
Considered the leader for the post, the former Indian SUV confirmed on July 3 that he had applied for the position. He is no stranger to the work of the Indian team coach. He did it in 2007, when he was team manager for a brief period after Australia Greg Chappell was fired after the disastrous World Cup in India in the West Indies.

He resumed his duties seven years later, and the team has had some success during his administration, reaching the semifinals of the World Cup and reaching the top of the ICC test standings. His contract expired at the end of 2016 World T20 and when BCCI has invited applications Shastri has chosen to do the Skype interview from Thailand.

What followed was a misunderstanding between him and Sourav Ganguly (part of the panel that the coach chose), when they both made comments to the media. Shastri finally lost Anil Kumble. This works for Shastri’s benefit is that he knows the players and can communicate with some of them in their language.

The former Indian hitter of the opening has no deep experience in training since he retired from competitive cricket only in the year 2015. Since then he has worked with XI Punjab’s XI, in the IPL as as team leader in 2016 and more Late as head of cricket operations during the 2017 season.

He said he asked the BCCI to request the work of the Indian technician when the Council would to vacate. He said he had sent an application in two lines, which he denied, saying in his usual style: “If I had to send a two-line resume, my name was enough.

“Sehwag made a comment to Hindi and Star Sports is a Twitter celebrity in itself. The question is whether he is serious about taking a big responsibility from the Indian team coach.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *